The Point Reyes Tracking School was founded in 2010 by Richard Vacha. We are located in Point Reyes Station, California at the doorstep of one of the world’s finest national parks, The Point Reyes National Seashore. We are blessed with spectacular natural beauty, diverse habitats, abundant wildlife, and excellent tracking opportunities.
- to further the ancient art of animal tracking and nature awareness
- to teach tracking and related skills as a part of bringing humanity back into healthy balance with the earth
- to promote the development of the personal integrity and self-reliance that nature involvement readily offers us
We host a wide range of programs for beginning and advanced trackers alike.
- The Marin Tracking Club—a free monthly meeting of nature lovers. We go for a four-hour tracking wander in locations throughout Marin County. All ages and experience levels are welcome.
- The Core Class—a 12-day focused journey through the world of tracking. This course is held one day a month for a year, in seasonally related classes that will teach you everything you need to know to become a proficient tracker.
- Workshops—we are presenting a variety of workshops exploring specific aspects of the tracking world in one-day intensives
- Guided Tracker Walks—on an appointment basis, we offer guided walks through some of the richest wildlife tracking areas in the world. Groups of up to 8 of all ages are welcome.
- Professional Wildlife Surveys—for land trusts, public and private lands, and restoration projects requiring fast, accurate and in-depth assessments of current wildlife presence and patterns. Email Richard for details.